Willow Rose Carriage House
The Carriage House was built in 1995, and has been a favorite stop for Covered Bridge Festival visitors since that time. Since the location was adjacent to Baldridge House, and a part of Bridgeton's National Register Historic District, Bart and Debra Barnes insisted on a totally wooden structure----patterned after various old barns in Parke County----to add to the historic ambiance.
The Carriage House interior is decorated with various old farm tools, horse collars and paraphernalia from a bygone era. The centerpiece of the collection is an original end from the south portal of the 1868 Bridgeton Covered Bridge (lost to arson in 2005).
The site originally contained the home of P. T. Winney, one of the various owners of the Bridgeton Mill. Winney operated a generator at the Mill from 1906—1913, providing the first electricity to the village. However, upon his death, the subsequent owner did not continue with the generator, and Bridgeton “went dark” for the next 27 years.
The Carriage House is an ideal location for vendor space during Covered Bridge Festival. During the rest of the year, it is an additional display area for the Emporium and is open for special events or by appointment.
Covered Bridge Festival
Willow Rose Carriage House is available for booth rental during the Covered Bridge Festival. Click here to see the Carriage Covered Bridge Festival Layout